This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• direct deposit and pay stub Tennessee

I work for a fitness club in east TN. Our pay is directly deposited into our bank accounts. Pay check stubs are sometimes given to us and sometimes not. The stubs are inconsistent in format, for example, sometimes our pay rate is displayed under "rate" and sometimes not, sometimes the number of hours worked are displayed under "Quanty" and sometimes not. Since my employment started in Sept 07, I am missing a total of 8 stubs; we are paid twice a month. Is it legal to withhold stubs or make us ask for clarification?

Sorry, but according to my source, Tennessee has no provision regarding pay stubs at all, so the employer, although not that I agree with either not providing the information or not being consistent with the information, there is no legal violation on the part of the employer here.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

I agree - my source says the same - no pay stub requirement in Tn.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

pay rate error and retro pay

Well, my next question: the pay rate I was promised in September 07 was not actually applied until April 08. I was hired at $15 a class, and after completing the CPR/1st Aid training (the club sponsored the training) I was promised a $3 raise to $18. I have email correspondence assuring me that my pay rate had been adjusted. The CPR trainer did not send the CPR cards to the club until January 08. In April when I discovered that my rate of pay had never been changed, the club corrected the rate begining April and gave me retro pay for February and March (because they received the cards in January.) I reminded them of the email and they said, too bad, it was my responsibility to keep on top of things and they would not retro my pay back to September even though they promised it to me. So, in light of this and the missing pay check stubs, do they are the right to do this?

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X