X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Betty3
    replied
    duplicate-answered elsewhere -- see http://www.laborlawtalk.com/showthread.php?t=189714

Also see http://www.laborlawtalk.com/showthread.php?t=189719 - it goes with above post 189714
    Last edited by Betty3; 05-05-2008, 10:36 PM. Reason: add links

Leave a comment:

• *LawCuriousII
    started a topic California

California

Hello, I'm a first time writer. I'm not really sure who to direct my questions to. I'm trying to find out the Labor Laws regarding work schedule. I have been with my company for about 2 years. We currently do NOT offer on-call service. My employer said, "Come June we're gonna be offering on-call emergency service". We were also told, "If everyone else is on board, I'd hate to be the guy who's not." (Sounds like a threat to terminate employment if anyone disagrees to me....maybe not.) Is it legal to just up and change an employees job description from non on-call employee to on-call employee, without a vote? Keeping in mind there was never anything in the employee handbook or written agreement about on-call work.

*Also, the on-call service that they wish to offer is in addition to hour scheduled 40 hour shift. One serviceman is on-call for 7 days.

Thank you very much,
    *LawCuriousII
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X