This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bounced Payroll Checks in Ohio Ohio Ohio

I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong section, but I have a question. Is there a telephone number a person can call regarding bounced payroll checks? My employer has been making it a habit of bouncing payroll checks almost on a weekly basis. Serveral of us has had enough and would like to call and report him. He's even bouncing checks he pays to the vendors. In the last 2 weeks, i have personally taken close to 50 calls from vendors saying their checks have bounced. The boss doesn't seem to care. He's like oh well. He has his check direct deposited and as far as I know the direct deposit people have not had any trouble with thier checks, it just the people who receive a paper check. Any anybody can give me a number to call or what I can do about this I would greatly appreciate it.

Hope

You can call your state DOL but I am not in your state to give you the phone number. It will be in the phone book under State of Ohio Agencies or whatever your local phone company calls it.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

So, if you go direct deposit, you won't have any problems.

I am not condoning employers bouncing checks, especially payroll checks.
      Senior Professional in Human Resources and Certified Staffing Professional with over 30 years experience. Any advice provided is based upon experience and education, but does not constitute legal advice.

Comment

Ohio Department of Commerce
        Division of Labor and Worker Safety
        Wage and Hour Bureau
        77 South High Street, 22nd Floor
        Columbus, Ohio 43215
        (614) 644-2239
        Fax: (614) 728-8639

Robert Kennedy, Superintendent

or you may E-Mail your query to:

[email protected]
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

OH is not my state but there are generally state laws other then labor law that very specifically addresses bounced checks and those laws frequently have much more significant penalties associated with them then the more general "late payment" rules associated with state "pay day" laws.
          "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
          Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X