Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

not getting a paycheck Georgia

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • not getting a paycheck Georgia

    Hey i have a friend that has been working a job for a few months and has been paid twice. I know this sounds really crazy and it is. My friend was helping this guy get a business going the guy has him on a hourly pay. My friend has only received 2 pay check and keeps asking when he is going to get paid. The guy keeps saying the payroll company and all that messed up. Story after story. The situation is crazy because well my friend just really wanted to help him out but is now in a bind because his previous savings are running out. This guy can afford to buy concert tickets for all types of people but cannot pay his employees. My friend is a little shy and is like oh he will pay me but we see that it seems to have no end. My buddy gets a schedule and all that and saved the 2 only stubs he has got. What would be the first steps he should make. There is also another person in the same boat with him.

    Maybe this is just to ridiculous but i thought i would see what rights he has.


  • #2
    Payroll companies do what they are told. If the payroll company is not issuing a payment it is because they were not told to do so. Your friend is being played.

    1. Get another job now. Run, don't walk.
    2. File for UI. Not being paid is probably a good enough reason to qualify.
    3. The employee would normally file a wage claim with state DOL. Georgia is not my state and I seem to remember that maybe GA either does not have a DOL or what they have is worthless. Federal DOL is good for minimum wage and overtime claims. Which mostly leaves a small claims court action.

    Hopefully someone who knows more then I do about GA (just about everyone) will jump in.
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
    Philip K. **** (1928-1982)


    • #3
      You're right, DAW, Ga. DOL would just refer employee to fed. DOL. Usually best bet is small claims court as you suggested. You can sue for up to $15,000 in small claims court in Ga.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

      Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.


      The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.