This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on my Salary pay??? North Carolina

Ok, I work for a company that does windows and gutters. I am payed salary, i get 12.25 an hour, for 40 hours for 5 day work week. If i work 20 hrs or 60 hrs my paycheck is the same. This last week i had a doctor appointment, and since i missed that 1 day of work that week, they payed me hourly for that week. they have done this before when ive been sick and missed a day. This just doesn't seem right, anyone have an idea on that....
    We are also required to fill out time cards, and on our paycheck it has hourly rate saying 40hrs, even if we work 50-60+ hrs. so really it says we are paid hourly. but we get the same every week. Confusing.

Also, If we are working and it starts to rain , they obviously cancel the day. Normally we end up working 6-7 hours that day(in the rain). Then they make us come in on sat. normally working another 6-7 hrs more. we norrmally work about 50-60hrs a week. A 6 day work week. We have been working 6 day work weeks the past month. Only getting paid for 5. Of course no overtime..

I am very ingnorant about all this, but it is very fustrating working 6 days a week, and getting paid for 5 days only getting.
    Last edited by spectre4130; 02-22-2008, 02:06 PM.

"Salaried" is merely a pay method. However, I'm confused, because you say you are "salaried", then you mention an hourly rate.

There is such a thing as "salaried, nonexempt" which has legal meaning, generally speaking (I'm not going into Belo-type plans), only if you are paid using the fluctuating workweek method, which is explained here. However, very few employer apply it correctly. If they do, my understanding is that your salary can then not be docked when you work less than 40 hours per week. Also, there must be agreement between the employee and the employer that this is the method being used.
    http://www.dol.gov/dol/allcfr/ESA/Ti...CFR778.114.htm

Read that and see if it helps. If the FWW method is being applied properly, you should be getting at least half-time for your hours worked in excess of 40 in the work week. The rate would be your weekly "salary" divided by the number of hours worked times 50%.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The following is a good article on the Non-Exempt Salaried rules. Assuming that is what is happening to the OP.

http://payroll-taxes.com/articles/sa...ernatives.html
      "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
      Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Thanks, Im still a little confused, but i am going to do something about this.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X