This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay cut. hourly + commission...losing commission California

So i work as a service tech. for a national company. I get paid 10 dollars and hour plus commission. My commission is based on how many stops/services i do each month. Lately, my services have added up to about 16000 at the end of the month. I get 20% of the difference between 12000 to 16000 (or unlimited if i made more on my stops). So my 10/hr + about 800 in commission.

Since i'm doing such an awesome job (patting myself on the back) they have decided to hire someone else and take over 3000 off of my route and give it to a new guy.

So i'm taking a pay cut. I don't want to, but they have decided to give my stops to someone else. Since my base pay doesn't change, is it legal to take my commission away from me? Are they required to raise my hourly rate to make up for the lack in my checks?

--feasting on top ramen soon in california

Absent a contract or collective bargining agreement, employers can generally change compensation packages on a go forward basis.
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
    Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Originally posted by DAW View Post
      Absent a contract or collective bargining agreement, employers can generally change compensation packages on a go forward basis.
      thanks, I'll ask for any document i signed when i was hired (that i did not receive a copy of.

Originally posted by joec
      Hey look at the bright side the company is probable expanding,as they do you will get even Mo Money,Mo Money! Thats why they are hiring,why would they hire another guy,if there is only work for one? They wouldn't Mo Money,Mo Money!
      JoeC
      If there were more money coming, they would have me beg for relief rather than begging for more money. I'm at 16K, the new guy would start around 7 (3 from me and 4 from the guy in the next area). There has been only work for one person for the past year. Mo Money hasn't been coming and won't be coming. To get that kind of money back (3K) it will take over a year. I'm not holding my breath.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X