X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cbg
    replied
    Which does not change the fact that until such time as the employees have organized and made such a petition, no law prohibits mandatory overtime in any state.

Leave a comment:

• cbg
    replied
    Until a union is formed and a CBA prohibiting mandatory overtime is signed, it is legal for the employer to require that you work six days a week. Or even seven. Will that satisfy everyone?

Leave a comment:

• DAW
    replied
    Originally posted by joec
    Not if you do so as organized group no way. You got break some eggs to make an omelet.
    JoeC
    Perhaps, although the OP may be the egg in question that gets broken.

Leave a comment:

• Betty3
    replied
    Yes, you can be required to work a mandatory 6 day work week or be terminated if you do not do so.

Leave a comment:

• eringal27
    started a topic Forced Overtime West Virginia West Virginia

Forced Overtime West Virginia West Virginia

Hello!

The last posting on file in regard to this issue was in 2005, wondering if anyone can advise me on any updates. My current employer is forcing a 6 day mandatory work week under the threat of termination if not worked. The staff was hired under the impression of a 40 hour work week. If I or any of the other staff members would have known these terms in advance I am sure the jobs would not have been filled. Now a year later they are advising that a six day work week is required or risk termination. Please advise, its disheartening to think that employers can enforce anything they want without repercussion. Who works for the employees?
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X