Clear All

• Pattymd
    replied
    They appear to.
    http://www.nclabor.com/wh/fact%20she...ecomplaint.htm

Leave a comment:

• ScottB
    replied
    You are correct that if you are working, you must be paid for that time worked. The employer cannot deduct the time for a lunch period if you did not get to take it. I have no idea if NC has a functional Department of Labor, but I would try there, first, if they have one. If not, contact the US Dept of Labor.

Leave a comment:

• macykam
    started a topic not paid for entire work day North Carolina

not paid for entire work day North Carolina

Hello I posted a question back at the end of Dec about my employer subtracting hours from me, I work for a body slender wrap co, walk in welcome so I have to stay at the shop all day, if we have back to back appts, then I dont get to take a lunch but my employer takes time away from me example if I work 6 hours they subtract 30 min If I work 8 hours they subtract 1 hour anything over 10 hours hey sub. 1.5 hours, I have told them that I am a non-exempt employee and should be paid for all time worked and that it is against the law to take hours away from me. They claim they HAVE to subtract these hours in case of an audit, because I dont get my breaks or lunch and they know that is against the law so they are trying to cover up for it on my timecard and paycheck. They have denied me getting paid these hours and wondered what else I could possible do to make them pay me these hours. Dont care at this point if they fire me, would give me time to look for another job and be rid of the drama and lies that go along with this company, so I dont mind if anything you have to say may offend them. Please help, this extra money would sure come in handy
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X