Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Holiday Pay Georgia

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Holiday Pay Georgia

    I am a full time employee for this company. I have been with them for ten years. Part of the full time benefit package includes twelve paid holidays, including Christmas and New Years. This year they refuse to pay me for these days because I work weekends. This is new although the payroll clerk says it should never been paid...for ten years!? I have not received any paperwork regarding a change. What can I do?
    I have read your thread regarding holiday pay.

  • #2
    Since federal and local laws don't require employers to provide paid holidays, whatever rules companies come up with are pretty much fine, so long as they don't discriminate based upon some protected characteristic.
    Senior Professional in Human Resources and Certified Staffing Professional with over 30 years experience. Any advice provided is based upon experience and education, but does not constitute legal advice.


    • #3
      What you can do is find a job that will pay you holiday pay for a day you were not scheduled to work.

      When you find one, please let me know where it is so I can apply there too. It is exceedingly unusual for a company to pay holidays to employees who were not scheduled to work on the day that the holiday fell; it is not illegal for them to stop doing so; they do not need to provide you with written notice of the change.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.


      The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.