This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not being paid minimum wage??? Pennsylvania

I work in a small pizza shop and work only around 15 hours a week. I get paid $5.65/hr. There arent any full time workers so I know minimum wage is different but still think it should be more. What should the min be and what can i do about it?

We'll assume the FLSA applies - rarely doesn't. (Your employer needs to have gross annual sales of at least $500,000 and/or engage in interstate commerce.)

How old are you? (Are you a youth worker)
    Are you a full-time student?
    Do you get any tips?
    How long have you worked there - over 90 days?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Betty3; 01-08-2008, 11:16 PM.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Bigger problem. Minimum wage in Pennsylvania is $7.15.
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Pennsylvania does have a youth training wage, but it is the Federal minimum wage ($5.85) and it must increase to the State's mimimum wage on the 20th birthday or after 60 days, whichever is earlier.
        Senior Professional in Human Resources and Certified Staffing Professional with over 30 years experience. Any advice provided is based upon experience and education, but does not constitute legal advice.

Comment

Isn't it $6.65 for small PA employers until July 1, 2008?

Comment

You're right, again.
            I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

We still don't know what wage OP should be paid. We don't know for sure they are a youth or that the business qualifies as a small employer.

However, it seems they are not being paid enough per hour in Pa. no matter what. jessie13- (You're not age 13 are you?) You might want to put in a claim with your state's DOL for underpaid wages.

Hopefully, the FLSA applies.
              Last edited by Betty3; 01-09-2008, 01:31 PM.
              Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

thanks so much for all your help, Im 18 and a senior in highschool. I dont get tips so I guess I'll report it.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                Working...
                X