This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not paying for all my hours... CA California

for the 2nd time in less than a month my employer has not payed me for all my hours worked. I called in to my boss and asked what the problem was and he said no i checked and its ok... they payed me for roughly 25 hrs and i worked 37. i asked him to check again and he hasn't gotten back to me. Do they have to pay me today or can they wait until my next check to make up the difference? I am short on my rent because of this situationand need the cash immediatley. any advice would be a great help. thank you.

You basically have two options. You can try to work things out with your employer or you can file a wage claim with CA-DLSE.
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
    Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

And working it out with the employer, if you can do so, will definitely be faster than filing a claim with the DLSE, especially at this busy time of year.
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

If you get it worked out with your employer, even if you have to wait until your next check you get your unpaid wages, it will be faster than filing with the DLSE.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Originally posted by joec
          Even if the employer took six months to fix it they would be faster than DLSE.
          JoeC
          That's the truth!
          Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X