This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Deduction Question Texas

I noticed with my last payroll check Nov 30th that my employer took out deductions (pretax) for insurance (health and dental). We got 3 checks in November and insurance deductions for this month have always been taken out the first 2 checks of the month and skipped this last check in November. I questioned our payroll department and was told by the Asst. Controller that she decided to go ahead and take out the extra deductions on November 30th check and will only take deductions on one (the last check) in December in order to give everyone more money in the month of December for Christmas shopping.

I think she is covering up for the payroll clerks' error because they are friends. Isn't this against the law? My SPD says that I will have 24 deductions per year, but I don't know that it specifies 2 per month. I would have to dig through my paperwork from last years enrollment to get that answer.

Is this allowed?? Can she just decide to take the deduction whenever she feels?

Thanks for your reply.
    Last edited by HOPENTOWIN1; 12-12-2007, 07:24 PM. Reason: delete irrelavent questioning.

Duplicate post
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X