This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salary to hourly California

My contract is very brief.. as of jan 1st i was hired on as "field manager" for a service company. The contract I signed says that i am based on a salary of 25,000.00/year paid every two weeks less statutory deductions... in september they informed me that they will be changing my pay to the same wage but as an hourly employee (no new contract was signed)... they waited till november 30th to make the change without notifying me or having me sign a new contract, can they do that??? Also as the salary contract that was signed there was nothing determining exempt or non exempt salary so what does that make me???

We cannot interpret a contract we have not read, as I believe you have already been told. Only a CA attorney who has read your contract can answer your questions.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Also, not all documents rise to the legal definition of "contract". Not all documents intended to be contracts are legally considered to be contracts. The rules are very different from state to state and someone who is very familar with CA contract law (which is not the same thing as CA labor law) is going to have to review the actual document to determine whether or not it is legally a contract, and if so, what legal obligations the contract imposes.
      "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
      Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X