This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of town pay with no work Florida

I have a situation with an ex employee I have never come across before. While our crew (construction) was working out of town, the foreman was thrown in jail. This meant those 2 men were stranded and did not get to come home on Friday night. When working out of town, we give the men per diem money for food and we pay for the motel rooms. When they contacted me on Saturday morning to let me know what happened, I made arrangements to pay for the room through the weekend and I wired money to them for per diem so they could eat. I did not send them home on a greyhound because I knew we would probably just return on Monday to complete the project. The ex-employee says that I owe him wages for Saturday and Sunday. Is this correct? He did no work - only watched TV by his on ommission. Thanks in advance for any replies.

No, he's not correct. Legally, you didn't even have to do what you did, although I agree that ethically it was the "right" thing to do. Let them take whatever action they wish.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X