This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving over 20 hrs per week un-paid? Federal Florida

Hello, I work for a National Corporation and hold a position that requires me to drive a considerable amount every day I work. I spend typically about 4 hours driving a day and work between 8-10 hrs a day making for a 12-15 hr day because of my lunch hour. I was told I would be compensated for my drive time and to keep track. Then when it comes to being paid I'm told its only if I get called from one location to another. However, other individuals besides my supervisors that are in upper management level are telling me that they should be paying me for my time if its over 1 1/2 hrs from home one way. What are the legalities on this?

Originally posted by dreaminofthetropics View Post
    Hello, I work for a National Corporation and hold a position that requires me to drive a considerable amount every day I work. I spend typically about 4 hours driving a day and work between 8-10 hrs a day making for a 12-15 hr day because of my lunch hour. I was told I would be compensated for my drive time and to keep track. Then when it comes to being paid I'm told its only if I get called from one location to another. However, other individuals besides my supervisors that are in upper management level are telling me that they should be paying me for my time if its over 1 1/2 hrs from home one way. What are the legalities on this?
    Explain what you do for a living. I'm confused. Are you reporting to work, then driving to a job site, then driving to another job site?
    Please no private messages about your situation.

Comment

I am a market trainer for a retail company, I leave my home and go to different locations from 20 minutes to 3 hrs from my home. Sometimes I get called to another location and have to clock out between. However, I was told that I would be paid drive time from home if it was an excess amount, but now I'm told only if its between stores.

Comment

Travel time from home to 1st job site & from last job site is not compensable worked hrs. However, any travel in between job site to job site is compensable worked hrs, and any hrs over 40 hrs in a workweek is compensable at time 1/2, if worker is a non-exempt worker.

http://www.dol.gov/dol/allcfr/ESA/Ti...9CFR785.38.htm
        Last edited by ArmyRetCW3; 11-06-2007, 08:51 PM.
        ========================================

"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'" (Author unknown)

Comment

And, as a trainer, I'm thinking the OP could very possibly meet the criteria for exempt status.

Dreamin, first of all, are you paid on an hourly or salaried basis? If salaried, is the salary at least $455/week?
          I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pattymd View Post
            And, as a trainer, I'm thinking the OP could very possibly meet the criteria for exempt status.

Dreamin, first of all, are you paid on an hourly or salaried basis? If salaried, is the salary at least $455/week?

I am paid hourly and don't make 455 a week.....

Comment

Originally posted by dreaminofthetropics View Post
              I am paid hourly and don't make 455 a week.....
              Then file a claim with your state's department of labor.
              Please no private messages about your situation.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
              Working...
              X