Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 to 11 hours days should have more than a 1/2 lunch break right? Pennsylvania

My boss has been riding me about taking my lunch b/n 12 and 1230 no other time even if the Rush jobs he gives me for shipping ( which comes around 1pm)
    is due. I work b/n 9 to 11 hours a day and a measly 1/2 hour break doesn't revive me enough to work that hard.

Also, my boss lets my two male co-workers leave work to go to lunch anyime they can like 1:15 or 2:00.

But all of the sudden he's bugging me?

Yep, legal. if that's what you're asking.

What is the Law Regarding Breaks and Meal Periods?

Pennsylvania employers are required to provide break periods of at least 30 minutes for minors ages 14 through 17 who work five or more consecutive hours. Employers are not required to give breaks for employees 18 and over. If your employer allows breaks, and they last less than 20 minutes, you must be paid for the break. If your employer allows meal periods, the employer is not required to pay you for your meal period if you do not work during your meal period and it lasts more than 20 minutes. A collective bargaining agreement may also govern this issue.
    Please no private messages about your situation.

Comment

It may be a measly 1/2 hr. break (as you so put it) but your employer isn't required to give adults any meal/break periods at all so they are going beyond what is required in Pa. (unless it's in a bona fide employment contract or CBA that you will receive meal and/or rest breaks)
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Also, my boss lets my two male co-workers leave work to go to lunch anyime they can like 1:15 or 2:00.
        His perogative.

For the record, I agree that rest breaks and meal periods should be required by law in all states. Many states have not seen fit to agree with me, though.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X