Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

unfair wages

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • unfair wages

    I have worked for the same company for almost six years. I was employed at a facility in KS until a year ago when I transferred to a facility in MO, keeping the same job title. I received a 35 cent an hour increase when I moved because the starting rate was higher in the MO facility. During my employment here the MO starting rate increased by 75 cents an hour. I did not receive the increase because I have been with the company for over 90 days. A few months ago I transferred back to the same facility in KS. Upon moving back, they deducted from my hourly wage the original 35 cent start rate differential PLUS the 75 cent differential. I am now making less at the same facility in KS with the same job title than I was before I moved to MO. They refuse to compensate me for the 75 cents an hour I have lost. Is there anything I can do?

  • #2
    Legally, as long as you are getting paid at least minimum wage, (and short of a CBA that mandates particular increases), the employer is never required to increase your hourly rate. This is a internal company matter, which you may or may not be able to negotiate individually with the employer.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.