X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comission Pennsylvania

At my place of employment we have commision paid routesales men
    The Company just started to have mandatory meetings at 5am at least every two weeks The routemen are in the union not actually salaried but are paid like salary on commission only
    The contract states that they can hold 2 Saturday meetings a year and will pay them $50.00 to attend
    The question is should they have to pay them for these 5AM MEETINGS ?
    If they do not attend they will be wrote up and possibly terminated
    Is this fair The other union employees get paid for any meetings the co has on our time

Originally posted by MarshaC View Post
    The contract states that they can hold 2 Saturday meetings a year and will pay them $50.00 to attend
    If they are being paid in accordance with the contract, just what is the problem?

Oh, wait, I see. The contract stipulates twice a year, but the meetings are now held 26 times a year.

You better take this to your legal counsel and find out if the company is violating the contract. I could see that going several ways, none of them good for the company.
    Last edited by ScottB; 03-01-2007, 03:44 PM.
    Senior Professional in Human Resources and Certified Staffing Professional with over 30 years experience. Any advice provided is based upon experience and education, but does not constitute legal advice.

Comment

Just an update on the 5AM meeting
      Arbitrator ruled that the Co has a right to hold meetings
      But they have to pay each routesalesmen $50.00 per meeting
      they have held 10 meetings there are 23 routesalemen

Of course they are trying to appeal this in court

Do you think can could win ?

Comment

Wouldn't be surprised.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Patty, why do you think the company could win this?

Comment

Originally posted by MilCivHR View Post
            Patty, why do you think the company could win this?
            The way I read the question was did I think the "employees/union" could win it? Yeah. But now that I read the question again, the question itself wasn't clear.
            Do you think can could win ?
            Huh?
            I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

sorry Do you think the Company could win this in court ?

Comment

Originally posted by MarshaC View Post
                sorry Do you think the Company could win this in court ?
                In the contracts I've seen, arbitration is binding and precludes further legal action, unless the agreement violates some particular wage and hour law.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                Working...
                X