Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

20 hour weeks 17 years old Michigan

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 20 hour weeks 17 years old Michigan

    is that illegal at my age?

  • #2

    Generally, you cannot have more than 48 hours a week of work AND school. So to find out how many hours a week you can work, take 48 hours and subtract the number of hours spent in school.

    Additional work hours can be approved by the State.
    Senior Professional in Human Resources and Certified Staffing Professional with over 30 years experience. Any advice provided is based upon experience and education, but does not constitute legal advice.


    • #3
      In Some States

      Many states restrict hours available to minors during school session at 20 hours a week. If you are working for a company which has sites in many states, they may be adhering to the most stringent in order to ALWAYS be in compliance. But anyway, an employer has the right to limit your hours for any reason at any age. It's not just the minors that get less than fourty hours. It also has a lot to do with state insurance restrictions also.
      What is veiwed is not always what is seen and
      what is heard is not always what is spoken!
      ~M. Noitall~


      • #4
        And this is extremely similar to another question that you posted in another forum. Please keep all like questions together and post only ONCE.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.


        The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.