X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone else got Bonus except me Louisiana

Hey Guys & Gals,

I was hoping you might be able to help me with a problem I have currently. I was told when I was first hired we would get paid quarterly bonuses. 2 Quarters went by and we never received any bonuses. (the only dept in the company who didnt) We were also told we would receive an employee review at 90 days and then at 6 months. My first review came after me being with the company for 8 months! We were then told they were putting some measures together in order to give us a bonus. Well, those measures were never put together and our immediate supervisor told everyone of us in a meeting that we would get a 3rd quarter and 4th quarter bonus. Then later it was stated we wouldn't. Well last Friday I was out on an emergency and come to find out the CEO of the company took our department out to lunch, and at that point gave out bonus checks as a surprise. When I came back on Monday I was told mine was cut and I would be receiving it, and that my supervisor would check on it first thing Tuesday. Well I was patient and then told on Tuesday after my supervisor being in a meeting with the powers that be all day tuesday that she would go with me on Thursday morning to get my check. Well Thursday passed by and still no check! Then my supervisor called me in to her office on Friday and told me another manager has my check. I went to see that manager and was told she did not have it that I would have to go check with HR that they might want to go over the check with me. Went up there to check on my check they were all in another meeting.

Now it is going on 8 days since my fellow employees have gotten their checks and I am still left out in the cold.

Any legal steps I can take on this one?

thanks

Originally posted by Abused&Used View Post
    Hey Guys & Gals,

I was hoping you might be able to help me with a problem I have currently. I was told when I was first hired we would get paid quarterly bonuses. 2 Quarters went by and we never received any bonuses. (the only dept in the company who didnt) We were also told we would receive an employee review at 90 days and then at 6 months. My first review came after me being with the company for 8 months! We were then told they were putting some measures together in order to give us a bonus. Well, those measures were never put together and our immediate supervisor told everyone of us in a meeting that we would get a 3rd quarter and 4th quarter bonus. Then later it was stated we wouldn't. Well last Friday I was out on an emergency and come to find out the CEO of the company took our department out to lunch, and at that point gave out bonus checks as a surprise. When I came back on Monday I was told mine was cut and I would be receiving it, and that my supervisor would check on it first thing Tuesday. Well I was patient and then told on Tuesday after my supervisor being in a meeting with the powers that be all day tuesday that she would go with me on Thursday morning to get my check. Well Thursday passed by and still no check! Then my supervisor called me in to her office on Friday and told me another manager has my check. I went to see that manager and was told she did not have it that I would have to go check with HR that they might want to go over the check with me. Went up there to check on my check they were all in another meeting.

Now it is going on 8 days since my fellow employees have gotten their checks and I am still left out in the cold.

Any legal steps I can take on this one?

thanks
    MMM, no, but you could comment that if you do not recieve the check, that the C.E.O left with them for you, that you may be sending an email to the C.E.O. It is really not a threat, but when a C.E.O tells you, give this to this person, and they don't they are going against the top dog. You don't have to really do this, but I doubt you will wait for your check long, no one wants to answer to the C.E.O.

Comment

I think it is WAY too soon to be talking legal action, or even sending threatening letters to managers, let alone the CEO.

There does not appear to be even a glimmer of a reason to suggest that you will not be receiving a check. Managers do have meetings. Checks do get passed around to be handed to employees depending on who is going to be available. The fact that you have not managed to catch up with the check yet is not evidence of anything illegal.

My suggestion would be that on Monday, you speak to HR and find out what the status is. Keep in mind that barring a bona fide contract or binding policy that says otherwise, they have no legal obligation to provide either performance reviews or bonuses at all.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

I agree with cbg.

Just because it is difficult to find doesn't mean you aren't getting a bonus. It hasn't even been a week yet and you are already thinking about legal action.

Wow.

Personally, if you threatened me with legal action about this at this point, I would immediately open up your file and see if this was a pattern of behavior.

You are receiving a gift. Use the same manners you would use when receiving a gift from a friend.
        Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

My apologies poster, they are very correct, it is to soon to assume anything, and they are not legally obligated to give you a bonus at all. Sorry, for the mis information. Thanks guys for keeping me in check!

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X