This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overtime and Working in 2 companies owned by same owner Indiana

I work in a building that houses 4 different companies all owned by the same person. One of the companies is the management company over the other 3. I work for the management company as the HR Rep so I handle HR for all the companies.

The question came up regarding an hourly non-exempt employee who works for both the Management company and one of the other 3 companies. For example: They work 40 hours for the management company one week and 10 additional hours for one of the other 3 companies. Do we have to treat that as 50 hours worked and pay them 10 hours overtime or can we treat that as separate hours?

Thank You

The hours for all related companies must be combined.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Thank You very much.

Comment

Originally posted by Pattymd View Post
        The hours for all related companies must be combined.

Agreed. Specifically ....

http://www.dol.gov/dol/allcfr/ESA/Ti...29CFR791.2.htm
        "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
        Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Thanks, David, I never can find that cite when I'm looking for it. *sigh*
          I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X