This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forced Early Outs Arizona

I am a server in a restaurant, and when business slows down, they want to send people home to save on their labor costs. My question is, if you are scheduled, say, 11am - 4pm, can they force you to go at any time before the end of your scheduled shift? Alot of us are wondering, any help would be great.

The short answer is yes.

This is not so uncommon in restaurants or other customer driven industries (i.e. retail). Customer forecasting is just that: forecasts. It's difficult to predict customer traffic and at times it is necessary to send workers home early to compensate for the projection error. I'm certain there are times that the reverse is true and that you do not get to leave at the scheduled stop time. This is legal also.

Comment

Thanks, Robb, I was kind of hoping to hear otherwise. Single income people have a really hard time if they can't get enough hours. Linda

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X