This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paycheck are never right California

The owner of the company i work for also does the payroll, she constantly screws up on everyones paycheck, either not taking the child support payments out correctly, not paying the overtime correctly, etc. someones paycheck is always wrong and usually its mine. I usually off work on pay day and i drive 30 minutes in to pick up my check, once i have been told that they screwed up on garnishing my childsupport so I will have to get my check in 3 days, another time they gave another employee my overtime and told us we couldnt have our checks yet and we will have to wait 3 days. I have since talked with the payroll department (off work time) and explained my displeasure towards them but as the head of payroll is also the owner I have been passed over for a promotion one time and my imediate supervisor is attempting to get me promoted now. I have had no write ups or disciplinary actions. but I have been told that the owner dosnt want me promoted or to recieved a raise cause of me calling her incompotent in handling my paycheck.

Is it discrimination that I am passed over for raises and promotions just cause i had an argument with the owner's wife who was working as payroll?
    Is it illeagal for them to withhod my check for 3 days? do they owe me penalties?

Is it discrimination that I am passed over for raises and promotions just cause i had an argument with the owner's wife who was working as payroll?

No.

Is it illeagal for them to withhod my check for 3 days? do they owe me penalties?

Not enough information to say.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X