Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Paychecks received in Error Oregon

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Paychecks received in Error Oregon

    I am an employer. It was determined by computer analysis that payroll checks were being direct deposited in error to a termed employee, for an amount totaling 12K. What can I do to reclaim the monies, that were knowingly received in error? Employee will not return calls, and no attempts were made to return the funds.

  • #2
    You can sue him for it. The fact that it was initially your mistake does not entitle him to keep money he did not earn and has no legal right to.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.