This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pay problems

Hey to anyone who can answer this one. I work in a small to moderate family owned restaurant and I am charged to use their credit card machine. Let me explain every two weeks when I get my paycheck it has a seperate charge hand written on the front which is the amount i must pay the restaurant for using their credit card machine. for example during the coursse fo two weeks if i make 500 in tips i must pay the 15 dollar charge the restaurant incurs by using the machine to process the charges. This bogus as far as i am concerned. Tell me if a i am wrong but wouldnt that be considered a business expense and not the employees responsibility. I have checked into this and have gotten no where. Also we are not allowed to claim our own tips at my restaurant I know this is bogus as well. anyone with some kind of guidance or answer feel free ot comment. thanks

Duplicate post
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X