This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay while driving company vehicle to job site Indiana Indiana

Our company furnishes a take home company vehicle. The vehicle is equipted with all the company owned equiptment to perform the work. We are not allowed to do any thing other then company business while in the vehicle. Travel to a job site is not paid, pay does not start until arrival at work site, and I loose anywhere from 100 to 125 a week because of this. Is there any rule or law providing for wages while driving a company vehicle to and from a job site???

There are laws that define if drive time is compensable or not. Driving a company owned vehicle does not factor into the determination. So this fact in itself does not apply.

If your travel is from home to your first job site of the day, the time is not considered compensable under FLSA. If you travel to more than one job site during the day, travel from the first job site to subsequent job sites is compensable. However drive time from you last job site is not compensable if you are driving home.

I hope this answers your questions.

Comment

Thank you for the information, it's sad to loose 100 to 125 a week because of that rule.

Comment

Originally posted by indysailor View Post
        Thank you for the information, it's sad to loose 100 to 125 a week because of that rule.
        Think of it this way. What would it cost you to use your own vehicle in that capacity? Gasoline, wear and tear, insurance? That would be worth the $100 per week to me.

How much time do you save by being able to leave from home, vs going to a dispatch center?

It sounds like a sweet deal to me.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X