This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• worked 15hours but clocked me out for only 10! without telling me! Texas

my employer clocked me out at 6:30pm,but i actually got done working at 11:00pm.and in the policy book(thats not very visible to see,which i havnt) says that they can do a pay reduction and i have to finish a job at a certain time which also isnt stated verbally and although we werent the only ones coming in late we still only got clocked out not willingly.We had to go up to out manager ourselves and ask him whats going on and he still didnt change it,I just worked for free for 4 hours.And my manager wont change it back. is that legal?

Assuming you are a nonexempt employee (generally speaking, paid on an hourly basis), you must be paid for all time you work. I'm a little confused about the RATE of pay you got, though.

In any case, for the nonpaid hours, you can file a claim with the Texas Workforce Commission.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pattymd View Post
      Assuming you are a nonexempt employee (generally speaking, paid on an hourly basis), you must be paid for all time you work. I'm a little confused about the RATE of pay you got, though.

In any case, for the nonpaid hours, you can file a claim with the Texas Workforce Commission.

i got paid 8.50 an hour.they have been trying to cut back on overtime hours also,I had 38hours when they clocked me out at 6:30 so my guess is he didnt want me to get overtime.

Comment

He doesn't have to allow you to work overtime. You can be disciplined or fired for working unauthorized overtime.

But you do have to be paid for it if you work it, even if it was unauthorized.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

thanks guys i appreciate your help. he was trying to talk to us like were dumb and didnt know what we were talking about.and the only reason we were out so late is because we had to go back to the warehouse and pick up more stuff since everyone else was to busy to just drop it off to us.my friend even asked "if you clocked us out at 6:30 then why not let us just go home and let someone else take over the job instead of letting us work for free and not sating nothing"
          Last edited by mystyal2k5; 10-05-2006, 07:41 AM.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X