Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

draw against commission California

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • draw against commission California

    my ex-employer is in AZ and i worked in CA. 2 questions. They say i owe 16k to them in draw money against commissions. Can they collect? Also, over the 14 months i worked fror them, they made multiple chargbacks against my commissions, withholding my paychecks. Is this legal?
    Last edited by todder24; 09-20-2006, 03:45 PM.

  • #2
    California law applies here. Have you contacted the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement? What did your agreement say about repayment of excess draw over commissions, chargebacks, earned commissions at time of termination, etc.?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.


    • #3
      I cannot find my agreement at the moment, but i do not recall any specific time frame in which to pay the draw back or if it even stated such. During one of the companies monthly conference calls, the owner did state that he would like the draws to be paid back a little at a time if our commissions hit 10K per month.


      • #4
        File a claim with the DLSE, and let them sort it out.
        Megan E. Ross, Esq.
        Law Offices of Michael Tracy

        Disclaimer: The above response is a general statement of the law and should not be relied upon as legal advice. It only assumes the facts that are stated in the message. The above response does not serve to form an attorney-client relationship.


        The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.