Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

One Year Review pay California

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • One Year Review pay California

    I work for a $100 million company in California, and when i was hired i was told that they conducted reviews, after 90 days, and after one year. It was also stated that there was a $1 raise at each review if you meet company standards. My one year passed and i never got the review, i asked many times when it would come and was told everyone would get a review soon. Then the company let us know that they had a change in policy and everyone in the company would either get a raise or be terminated. I was told i would get a raise if i met the new company standards, but still did not have a formal review. My ? is, if there is a verbally stated company policy, that has been followed my entire tenure at the company, and they change that policy, do i have the right to my one year review and the ensuing raise?

  • #2
    You may have the moral or ethical right, but you have no legal one. The law does not require reviews or raises, nor even that the company adhere to its own policies regarding same. It's not good management practice, because eventually broken promises to employees lead to them being ex-employees. But, it violates no laws.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.


    • #3
      There's also nothing morally, ethically, or legally wrong with an employer making a change to a policy.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.


      The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.