X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cbg
    replied
    A good rule of thumb; unless it is something where the law dictates how it is handled (like overtime) don't ever assume that the way any given company does things is the only way to do it. Whenever it is up to the employer how to handle something, it's a guarantee that there are several different ways it can and will be handled.

Leave a comment:

• turbowray
    replied
    Originally posted by cbg
    Just a note: Even if your company does list vacation time on the pay stub, not all companies do it the same way. Some show it as it accrues/is used; others show what you will have if you remain the entire year. It can be confusing if you don't know what method they are using.
    Thanks CBG, I learned something new!

Leave a comment:

• cbg
    replied
    Just a note: Even if your company does list vacation time on the pay stub, not all companies do it the same way. Some show it as it accrues/is used; others show what you will have if you remain the entire year. It can be confusing if you don't know what method they are using.

Leave a comment:

• turbowray
    replied
    not sure

Check on your pay stubb to see if it is listed ( your accrued vacation time), it is on ours, it says how much we earned in that pay period, how much we used, and how much is left. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• robb71
    replied
    Semi-monthly pay frequency is often mis-interpreted by employees. In this case, the "work week" and "pay period" are not the same thing. The "work week" is a predefined 7 day period. It's this 7 day period that determines if you have overtime or not. Often there is overlap of "work week" and "pay period". And overtime may not be realized until the subsequent pay period. I can totally understand why you are having trouble keeping track of your hours and overtime.

It's also not uncommon for companies to require employees to use vacation or PTO to make up for time missed or short hours. As you mention, this may be required to keep you compliant with their health insurance requirement of hours worked.

I agree that it does sound like a disservice to not provide you with an employee handbook. I'd suggest contacting HR or Payroll to discuss your issues. I'm sure they can shine a light for you.

Leave a comment:

• matcrewcoach
    started a topic Is Employer Cheating Me ??? Please Help Kansas

Is Employer Cheating Me ??? Please Help Kansas

I am currently employed by a Colorado Company doing business in Kansas. I am paid by the gps in my work truck, therefore I never see my hours until pay day. I keep track of my hours for myself, but they never seem to match at payday. I am paid bi monthly on the 15th and the last day of the month. I am salary/hourly with ot paid after 40. My boss told me to track my hours Mon. through Sun., this is easy enough to understand except there are up to 31 days in a month. I don't seem to accumulate extra overtime for these days. I was also recently told that I was short 2 1/2 hours of making my 40 hours, so the company used 2 1/2 hours of my vacation without any notice to myself. I was told that if I go under 40 hours a week I am not full time and will lose my insurance. I have never even been told my vacation accumulation, so I have no idea how many hours I have. I have never received a handbook and have very limited communication with my supervisor, and no communication with the main office. My job has become extremely stressfull due to constant scheduling changes and payroll discrepencies. I enjoy my job, but I'm not used to being so far out of the loop. I have no knowledge what's going on with my pay or their policies. If you can enlighten me or send me any suggestions, please do.
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X