This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12-hour shift pay versus 24-hour shift Texas

My wife works as a paramedic, and was recently employed by a new company (for profit) when the company (non-profit) she was working for folded. She had been working 24-hour shifts. The new company told her if she worked 12 hour shifts she would keep her same rate of pay, but if she worked 24 hour shifts she would take a $3.68hr cut in pay. Of course no 12 hours shifts were avaliable. All 24 hour employees took similar cuts in pay. Is this legal? Its sad when a basic emt on 12 hour shift gets more per hour then a paramedic 24 hr shift.

Short of a bona fide employment contract, yes it's legal. There's nothing in the law that says employees can't receive a cut in pay, as long as they are notified of the lower rate before the hours are worked at that rate, or have the preferable shifts.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X