This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• time worked vs time paid - Illinois

Hello all, hope everyone is having a great weekend.

I have a quesiton regarding hourly employees in Illinois.
    I currently work for a small landscape company. We are all hourly employees and do not punch in or out, nor do we fill out time cards. Our boss fills out all our time and we do not see how many hours we have worked until we recieve our pay check every two weeks. Most of the time, the boss is not at our shop when we leave, so it is impossible for him to know the exact time we leave sometimes. Since I have started, I have been shorted 6 hours of pay, plus over 10 hours of overtime. Since I write all my hours worked (everyday when I get into my truck on my own) When I asked my boss about my missing hours, he stated that he would take care of this with his accountant. I have asked him three times over the last four weeks and still have not recieved any back pay like he stated I would on the last two checks.

I know of the overtime pay laws in Illinois, and I will give him one more chance before I file a complant with the department of labor, but my main question is, is there any law in Illinois that states an employer must have the employee sign off on the time card or either punch in or out?

No, there is not such a law in any state.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

And, you're keeping your own record of your hours, right?
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X