X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cbg
    replied
    1.) No, since she is still being paid for "substantially" all time worked. Contrary to popular belief, the law does not prohibit an manager from adjusting time cards as long as that adjustment does not result in the employee being underpaid. Rounding to the degree you have described is within the legal limits of the law.

2.) None, since no violations have occurred.

Leave a comment:

• mausibaer
    started a topic Inconsistent Practices Texas

Inconsistent Practices Texas

I know this subject has been driven in to the ground, but I have another question about it:

I am an assistant manager at my workplace. One of the highest paid hourly workers, who often opens the building for business on her own, had a habit of clocking in 15-20 minutes early everyday and starting to work. My supervisor had a meeting with her and told her this was no longer acceptable. Since then her clock-in times have usually been between 9:24 and 9:28 for her 9:30 shift. My boss went into the computer and adjusted all of her times to exactly 9:30 for the entire pay period. He has not done that to any other employee.

1: Is this illegal?
    2: What are my legal responsibilites now that I know about it? The employee is afraid of retalliation and doesn't want to pursue the matter any further.

Thanks!
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X