Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Payroll Question Incomplete Timesheets Georgia

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Payroll Question Incomplete Timesheets Georgia

    We have a serious problem with employees not completly filling out their times sheets. This is using local SPLOST dollars. The city requires for this money to be used, they must correctly code their timesheets. The problem is, the time sheets are incomplete. Some missing punches, others missing department codes. Can I hold that day until they correct the time sheets? I know that GA doesn't have a time limit on pay.

  • #2
    Legally, although Georgia does not have a provision for the time lag between the pay period ending and payday, public policy would require that you pay your employees on the payday that you have disseminated.

    The problem, as I see it, is with the supervisors/managers. You must hold them responsible to see that the time sheets are properly completed and turned in on time. I've heard of employers who, when no time sheet is received, turn off direct deposit and make the employees pick up their check in person. Or, make the supervisor/manager pick up the check. Or, charge all the time to vacation. The bottom line is that upper management must be determined to make the supervisors/employers do their job.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.


    • #3
      Thanks, Patty. Unfortunetly, we are a small company and people aren't even written up or fired for coming to work drunk. The supervisors we have are all fresh out of college and nobody wants to hurt their feelings.


      The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.