Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

My employer is cutting my salary! Arizona

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My employer is cutting my salary! Arizona

    My employer recently said that they MIGHT have to cut my salary drastically, but would offer commission. However, before I up and moved my whole family cross country, I asked for a written contract of what I would be paid. I received an email stating what I would be making, Included in that email was my salary PLUS commission. So I should have already been receiving this, but I have not.

    I had a feeling that my check would be significantly less and it was. However I was told Monday that this MIGHT happen and this check is for the past two weeks with the significantly lower rate. With all of this said, is there anything I can do?

    I read a previous post and it said it may be legal if enough notice was given yet I wasn't given a definite notice. Please help!!

  • #2
    Hey Hosed,

    I'm no expert. But, from what I've been reading at this site....without a contract, you're probably screwed. Seems to be employers can pretty much do what they want as long as they pay you at least minimum wage, pay you overtime if you work over 40, and don't discriminate. Now that's a general description, but I think it's pretty close.

    I'm pretty sure they can raise and lower your pay at will. But the bright side, you are allowed to quit whenever you please!


    • #3
      So, do you have a contract?
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.


      The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.