Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

non-payment for work performed

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • non-payment for work performed

    Hi folks. I'll keep this quick. I work as a mystery shopper in the state of Pennsylvania. While I am considered an "independent contractor" for the companies located in various other states, I am under contract for the specific work I am assigned by the company. Recently I was assigned 100 stores throughout the greater NW PA area to complete within a month. The supplies and paperwork I needed to compete these shops was mailed out late allowing me only 2 weeks to uphold my end of the bargain. The scheduler, company person responsible for managing my assignments, allowed me 2 extra weeks to complete these assignments. This is documented.

    However, this person went on sick leave. Another supervisor came in, rescheduled the assignments that were open and on extention and refused to pay me for work and materials I had already put in.

    What recourse do I have? Does anyone know? Can anyone refer me to legal stuff covering other similar cases in PA?

    Thanks for listening
    ShopperDive of PA

  • #2
    If, in fact, you are an independent contractor (no taxes deducted, get a 1099-MISC at year-end), then the wage payment laws of PA do not apply to you; you would have to look to your contract/agreement for terms of payment and legal recourse you can take if you are not paid.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.