This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas

I am classified as a Salary employee as a Office Administrator- Does this make me exempt or non exempt- I do not have any employees who work under me other than one part time student who helps with the filings, copying, etc. I handle many aspects of accounting- A/R, A/P, job costing, inventory, shipping & receiving & whatever else they want to give me. I am required to work 50 hr weeks by my employer since I am Salary- does this exempt me from overtime? Or should they have to pay me overtime for hrs worked after 50?
    Any Link that someone can direct me to get the proper information that I need to my questions?

My gut feeling is that no, you would not qualify as exempt. The only possible exemption classification for which you might meet the criteria is the administrative exemption. See here:
    http://www.dol.gov/esa/regs/complian...nistrative.htm
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X