This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan drive time law? Michigan

I work in Michigan and recently my employer has asked that I go to Wisconsin to take care of some issues at our offices there. They told me this would be part of my job when I hired in but they did not tell me that I would not be paid for it. They are trying to tell me that they will pay me only for the time I am in the Wisconsin office. Another words the 5 hours of drive time to Wisconsin and back will be totally unpaid. They are providing a company car and I was able to leave from my home the last trip. They also provide gas, per deim, and hotel expense. When I pushed the issue they told me I could refuse to go but "it would not be in my best interest". With drive time I worked 12 hours yesterday and 11 today. I am not asking for over time. I even take a half day despite gas prices and the 40 minute drive to my office to keep under 40 hours when I am on saturday rotation. Can anyone advise me on this?

For an overnight trip, here are the federal regulations:
    http://www.state.tn.us/labor-wfd/lsques.html#laborlaws
    http://www.dol.gov/dol/allcfr/ESA/Ti...9CFR785.40.htm

I'm assuming you're nonexempt, otherwise you wouldn't be asking the question.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X