This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• max hours forced to work in a day Louisiana

Does any know the specific osha articles that state the max hours a person can work in one day? Right now my job is forcing people to 18 hr shifts.

With very few exceptions (such as airline pilots, interstate truckers), 24.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

time off between 18 hour shifts

Is there any required amount of time off after working 18 hr. shifts? Or how many in a row they can force you to work? Sorry about the other post I am new at this.

Comment

No, again with a few exceptions where there is a public safety factor, you could technically be required to work 24/7/365. Only one states limits the number of hours an employee can be required to work in a week (one other does not set a limit but prohibits the employer from disciplining or terming the employee for refusing to work over 72 in a week). Unfortunately, neither one is Louisiana. Your state does not have a one-day-of-rest-in-seven law and there is no law requiring any particular length of time between shifts or limiting the number of days in a row you can be required to work overtime.

I think it's appalling for somene to be required to work that long consistantly but it does not violate any laws.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X