This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schedule Changes

I work in NY. Is there a rule or law that stipulates how much notice, if any, an employer must give an employee before they make changes in the employees scheduled hours or days of work? Thanks.

Originally posted by BBP1298
    I work in NY. Is there a rule or law that stipulates how much notice, if any, an employer must give an employee before they make changes in the employees scheduled hours or days of work? Thanks.
    I can find no law that mandates any requirement of advanced notice of a shift change or change in hours/days of work.
    Sue
    FORUM MODERATOR

www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

There is a time frame

I live in SC and I know that here in SC they must give you 7 days notice that they will be changing your work hours or days.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspill
        I live in SC and I know that here in SC they must give you 7 days notice that they will be changing your work hours or days.
        Thanks for the info. Can you post the link/url where it is stated that is the law, it would be very helpful to me for future use.
        I can not find any so far.

Thanks!
        Sue
        Sue
        FORUM MODERATOR

www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

New York

Other than providing information regarding the schedule, payday, policies on vacation, sick, etc., when the person is hired or at the time of changes, there is no law in New York requiring notice such as South Carolina's law.
          Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
          www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

I just started another dumb retail job and nearly lost it after 3 weeks since I had an argument about her changing my schedule on a day to day basis fo no aparent reason. Yesterday when I looked at my schedule it said 2-10PM. I get a call from my boss asking me where I was,its 10:20 in the morning I was scheduled at 10AM. I get into work, look at the schedule, and crossed out was 2-10, written in was 10-6. Someone PLEASE tell me this is illegal to do without any notice. I am in the state of Florida.

Comment

In the future, please start a new thread. You added comments to a thread from 2004.

And to answer your question, it's not unlawful for your boss to change your schedule. I fully understand that it appears you had no knowledge. This sounds like bad communication but it's not unlawful.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
              Working...
              X