X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti-Union Information Needed Indiana

Hello,

Could you recommend any good material to use to organize an anti-union campaign. We are wanting to avoid unionization and need some good material to use.

Thank You

-adnay

Dear Adnay,

May I suggest treating the employees fairly, with respect and with dignity.

Sincerely,

Wayne
    In Solidarity,

Wayne

www.waynemarshall.org

What, you weren't getting your website address out there enough by stirring up the existing posts that you had to start your own thread?

Dang... you union guys tend to be a one trick pony, aren't ya?

Do you just feel worthless if you aren't beating the drum?
    Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Jeff......
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

May I suggest treating the employees fairly, with respect and with dignity.
        You may not like it jeff, but wayne nailed that one....... if the employee's have that plus good wages and bennies what would they gain thru organizing ??????

Comment

I have never been against workers collective bargaining for a better condition.

I have just wondered why that CB must take plus under the union banner... an organization with a less then stellar history.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Here...

So that we don't keep beating this horse into life support, here is the thread that wayne copied...

http://www.laborlawtalk.com/showthre...ght=anti-union

Comment

Originally posted by joec
              Heres your answer cyjeff pay close attention to post #5. Talk about a less than stellar performance...please.
              http://www.laborlawtalk.com/showthre...857#post910857
              JoeC
              Okay... how does a discussion as to how long to extend an employee's benefits past FMLA turn into a "if you are going to organize, you need to do it under the Union Label" point of evidence?

In this case, the employer is going above and beyond federal FMLA guidelines and it simply isn't enough for you.

This is a perfect example... to the other side. Unions take and take and then are genuinely surprised when business say they have no more to give.

Employees are hired to work. Keeping a person on payroll for a year while they go through a medical crisis is admirable, but not very cost efficient.

Comment

You don't see the Nexus cyjeff? You get sick FMLA expires you get caned,if your cool with that set up great. Not me I want a contract.
                JoeC
                So, Joe...

How much time should you have? a year? two years? Forever?

How long should an employer do without before replacing a needed employee? What if that employee was a bottleneck position?

The guy that puts the left rear tire on a car gets sick. We hold his job open forever. Not another car comes off that line unless someone does double work... and the line slows down. Less cars = less profit = less money... but that's okay because we are keeping a job open forever.

Now, what if two employees get sick... then 5, then 10. All of a sudden one guy is running around trying to get the cars made. Production slows to a halt.

The company goes out of business.

Can we terminate the employees now?

Comment

You missed the part where the person in that thread was going to be rehired when they were able to return to work, didn't you, Joe?
                  The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

No I didn't miss it, I didn't believe it. I know the poster is pulling up big bucks to hire a Union busters. I think that money would be more well spent on the dieing employee,as well as the existing employees STD policy's.
                    The question is would the employer be able to do whatever he wants on a whim to a sick employee if their is a contract? No,he could not. Are some contracts better than others ? Absolutely. Is a contract better than being an at-will employee like cyjeff seems to believe ? No brainier their.
                    JoeC
                    So, you are blatantly calling the OP a liar, even though you have no way of knowing him/her and what he/she is going to do?

Joe, if you think everybody shoud be guaranteed a job, even if that person cannot or will not work, there are countries that mandate exactly that. Of course, their economies are in the tank (both presently and historically), but that's not your problem, right?
                    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                    How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
                    (unique up on him)
                    How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
                    (same way)

Comment

And I believe that you are so determined to believe what you want to believe that there's no sense in talking to you.

Comment

No this has to do with cyjeffs post not what country we live in.Or guaranteed jobs.
                        JoeC
                        ....AAaaaaannnnnnddd, you missed the point entirely.

Oh, and in the past you told me (argued with me, actually) that at will employees have an implied contract. Does that suffice?
                        Last edited by mommyof4; 09-04-2007, 10:29 AM.
                        HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                        How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
                        (unique up on him)
                        How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
                        (same way)

Comment

The answer is -whatever you can get in your contract,for you who prides himself as rugged Individualist,with no need for such things. The answer is -you get jack squat!,it's what people like CBG, adnay,and other in management tell you on the fly.
                          So cyjeff stay "Union free",stay "at will",and for God sake don't get sick,or old. That post pretty much sums up what in store for you. On the bright side they can carve on your head stone at paupers field. "He was a proud rugged individualist that would never join a Union". Just do me a favor,and don't tell poor souls that post here that is the superior alternative. It really insults the average persons intelligence.
                          JoeC
                          It is easy to talk about Union involvement when we are talking about GM. When I bring up an example of a small company, you get all squirrelly.

Joe, you can't have it both ways. Unions paint the mega corps as agents of Satan while, simultaneously, making it almost impossible for smaller players to afford to enter the field.

Small companies, like the one the OP mentions, are being squeezed... and you start playing "hide the answer" when I ask you to actually tell me how long a small company has to hold a job open.

Everytime a massive UNION gets involved in a particular industry, all of the mom and pops die out because they can't afford the unionized rules of play.

That is why Unions really hate Walmart so much... Walmart is slowly doing away with the mom and pops, but did it without Union "help".

Comment

No this has to do with cyjeffs post not what country we live in.Or guaranteed jobs.
                            JoeC
                            Guaranteed jobs is EXACTLY what we are talking about. You jumped on the responders' collective backs here because we applauded the OP for going above and beyond what they had to legally do to protect the job of a sick employee.

You told us that it didn't matter. That THIS is what business does to the little guy. That THIS wasn't good enough.... though you have yet to tell us what good enough is.

Oh wait... that's right. Unless the workers join a union, they don't deserve to know... do they?

Comment

Oh... so what you are saying is that the OP's offer... made in good faith and if accepted by both parties... satisfies your definition of a proper amount of time to hold a job?

Then what, again, was your beef here? After all, if the job is being held, no one is getting termed, and you said that there is no hard and fast rule... what does it take to please you?

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                              Working...
                              X