This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unemployment factfinding interview virgina unemp Virginia

Was letgo by employer.only thing said when i asked why was "we are going in another direction" now unemployement has a factfinding interview scheduled to see if i was fired for misconduct. called hr for more info on my termination they couldnt or wouldnt tell me anything.
    Managed a virginia location,home office in tennesse. Have never been written up for anything in 8 yrs. Company was recently bought out. But still in transition phase.
    After being told "going in another direction" can they now say misconduct if i wasnt advised of infraction and had chance to defend myself? ?
    Thanks
    Last edited by trnsmaster; 08-06-2014, 09:26 PM.

There is no way to tell. Anybody can say nearly anything for nearly any reason. But as you described, I'm inclined to think they likely won't. But I can also be wrong. All you can do is apply for UI and wait & see.
    Last edited by cactus jack; 08-11-2014, 04:35 AM. Reason: removed post quote used for reference
    I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
    Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
    I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
    Don't worry, be happy.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html is a good resource!

Comment

Lots of reasons for employer to seek to,get UC denied for weakest of reasons ...and many a state short of UC funds is quick to say no at least on first round.

So far there is no turndown?

Employer bears burden to prove cause as per point it claims ..not some new theory .

Be ready for appeal...and focus on points mgt seeks to prove

As an aside ...a prior great record does not prove no current misconduct .
      As you post it it sure seems far from misconduct ..and the relevant standard is what the law says it is ..as interpreted by hearing officer....to merely question a boss is not misconduct ..but can escalate to same..

Just my personal view..watch your words..your comments about not being able to defend yourself might be read in context there was some serious discourse

New employer is free to pick a new team ..team it thinks will pull in direction it wants..so be it ..but that alone is not reason to get you disqualified from UC.

Comment

No reason to panic or assume they will lie. If you have anything from them in writing that states a reason, that is good, but 99% of the time in cases like yours, benefits are granted.
        I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Agree; based just on what you posted, benefits "normally" would be granted. Also, you can always appeal if they aren't.
          Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Employer didnt join factfinding 3 way call from unemployment comm. To discuss "misconduct". So i was awarded benefits

Comment

Reads like the correct outcome to me .....

thanks for the feedback ......

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
              Working...
              X