This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unemployment vs. Education Florida

I started Florida unemployment last year, and entered school soon after. The program was only on Saturdays, and I am done with it now. A few weeks ago, I had to file a follow-up which asked about education, so I listed the program, which was still in progress. Recently, before filing my weeks, I had to call in and was told that it would be an issue.

An adjudicator should contact me within 6 weeks.

I am wondering, what do I have to be worried about? I have always been truthful on all applications. If one had asked about education earlier, I would list it. I am wondering, could my education result in no more unemployment benefits? Can I be forced to pay back the ones I've already received?

Their concern is probably that you going to school might have interfered with
    you looking for employment. They apparently want to verify your school
    information.

It will be the state's decision how they handle after getting the necessary info
    from you.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Das ist in der Doktor!

Originally posted by Betty3 View Post
      Their concern is probably that you going to school might have interfered with
      you looking for employment. They apparently want to verify your school
      information.

It will be the state's decision how they handle after getting the necessary info
      from you.
      Another way they could look at it is each time you signed that card stating you were available for work, you in fact were not.
      .._________________________
      ~ Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit,
      extorted by force, to some,
      at the expense of others.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X