This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unemployment denied Georgia

I was denied unemployment because I quit due to no childcare and the way the manager was talking to me. I am pissed at the unemployment because I filed in July and no one ever worked on my case. Now when they did this month they told me that I could not get it. I am appealing this decision and hope that they let me get it.

Ok. That's all you can do is appeal.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

How, exactly, was your manager "talking to you"? (without the curse words, if there were any)

Short of that, I would not be overly optimistic about your prevailing on appeal. You quit due to personal reasons (childcare). Although that is a very good reason in your eyes, it is not generally a "reason connected with the work" that was your employer's fault and would therefore would allow you to quit and receive benefits.

What do you mean about someone "working your case"? What did you expect the state to do? Had you been denied and appealed once before this?
      Last edited by Pattymd; 10-22-2010, 08:57 AM.
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

I "believe" OP is saying they applied in July but no one worked on the case
        until this mo. & then was denied.

I don't think the chances of getting UI are great either on what is posted
        but would aways appeal - you just never know.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X