thanks for your help its greatly appreciated

Leave a comment:

• turbowray
    replied
    Thanks for the answers guys.

Leave a comment:

• ElleMD
    replied
    Since there are less than 15 employees, the EEOC would not be able to assist. She could still try and file assault charges but that would be a civil remedy.

I'd suggest your sister speak with a guidance counselor or minister about what happened if she needs some support. If nothing else, she needs to have the tools to deal with something like this should it happen in the future. I'd be concerned that she didn't tell someone immediately or take steps to prevent it from happening (such as switching stables, quitting the job, telling someone, telling this guy to knock it off).

Leave a comment:

• march2009<3Justin
    replied
    ummm...

as far as i was concerned only about four full time with maybe 5 others helping out on the side.
    nothing was ever very organized and hours were always different... she worke not to get money but to board her horse there, she was taken advantage of while working, this is why shes not there anymore...

Leave a comment:

• ElleMD
    replied
    How many employees are there?

Leave a comment:

• mommyof4
    replied
    Then no charges of assaulting a minor will apply. At 18, she doesn't need anybody's permission, consent, knowledge, or approval to sign a contract.

Leave a comment:

• march2009<3Justin
    replied
    when everything happened she had just turned 18....

Leave a comment:

• cbg
    replied
    I don't disagree; I'm just concerned about the ten-month delay. She's running perilously close to the deadline for filing with the EEOC, and to file a civil suit at all, she needs a right to sue letter from them.

Justin, your sister needs to file a sexual harassment suit with the EEOC NOW. Depending on exactly when it happened, it may already be too late. She can also talk to the cops and see if there's anything they can do this long after the fact.

Leave a comment:

• complwyr
    replied
    If he grabbed her butt it is a criminal assault. Maybe the cops could help. If nothing else, they could investigate the assault and help her to prove her civil claims against them.

Leave a comment:

• CarolT
    replied
    He said that she signed a contract without her parents permission and that the man hired lots of young girls so I take that to mean that his sister is a minor.

Leave a comment:

• cbg
    replied
    Where does the poster say his sister is a minor?

Leave a comment:

• CarolT
    replied
    I think what turbo was saying was to file a charge with the police for sexual abuse of a minor. I dont think there is a limitation on that as my son just took a report from two sisters for something that happened eleven years ago and it is being prosecuted.

Leave a comment:

• cbg
    replied
    The police do not deal in sexual harassment charges. They might deal in assault charges, but 10 months after the fact it would be next to impossible for them to do anything.

Leave a comment:

• Betty3
    replied
    Originally posted by march2009<3Justin View Post
    she just told me not 2 days ago but it was a long time ago....id say almost 10 months
    The employee must file a complaint with the EEOC within 300 days of the alleged incident. We're cutting it close here.

Leave a comment:

• turbowray
    replied
    What about sexual harrasment charges with the police? They may take into account the age, and embarrasment, is their a statute of limitations on charges with the police?

Leave a comment:

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X