This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rescheduled hours = overtime ?

State is NE, I work a 12 hr / 2 wk rotating shift (nights). 36hrs one week, 48 the next. I took a "snow day" the other day, cba says they may require us to make up the hours. I was informed this morning that we may make up the hours next week (48 hr week),or have the day count against our attendance policy, but that it would be paid as straight time, because "it would have been straight time if the hours were worked when scheduled". I understand their "logic", but believe that the fed law requires OT over 40 in any work week, regardless of the reason the hours fall within that week.......one of us is using flawed logic.....someone please tell me it's not me this time !!!

Duplicate post. Everyone here is a volunteer who does this on their own time and around their job, and not everyone who looks at your post is going to know the answer right of the top of their head. Sometimes it takes more than an hour and a half for someone to knows the answer, or has had time to research the answer, to get back to you. Have patience, please.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

sorry about the duplication cbg. i origionally put post in wage/hour, but realized that it belonged in overtime. i tried to delete the origional post, but only seemed to be able to edit it.....gotta be smarter than the keyboard i guess.....didn't mean to seem impatient....questions come in my time...answers and/or opinions in yours...thanks in advance....
      noiddodge
      Last edited by noiddodge; 03-22-2006, 01:27 PM.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X