This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 days in a row without a day off

Employer is making me work 12 days in a row without a day off are they able to do this in mo.?

Employer is also making me work my days off.

In Missouri, they can require that you work 365 days a year. It would be foolish, but it would be legal.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Das ist in der Doktor!

Try working for a winery in California,
      You might not get a day off during the “ crush “,
      Which may run from July to November.

..____________________________
      ~ Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority,
      and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that
      it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

Originally posted by SonyaR View Post
        Employer is making me work 12 days in a row without a day off are they able to do this in mo.?

Employer is also making me work my days off.
        What do you do?

Depending on your job, and hours worked, there MIGHT be laws covering this. For most jobs there are not.

Comment

Originally posted by drruthless View Post
          Try working for a winery in California,
          You might not get a day off during the “ crush “,
          Which may run from July to November.
          That was the first paid job I had in CA. 1969 was a interesting year.

Comment

It is legal in 48 of the 50 states. And for nearly all positions but those concerned with public safety (think OTR truckers, airline pilots, for example) and in some states, nurses.
            I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Also, there are limits on the length of time minors can work.
              Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

some of the jobs can be like that as well with the time commitment being somewhat odd.
                law forum

Comment

Originally posted by itis View Post
                  some of the jobs can be like that as well with the time commitment being somewhat odd.
                  Huh? What are you trying to say here?

Comment

I "think" poster is saying that employers can have "odd" working hrs. but I'm not positive - certainly not worded clearly.
                    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Originally posted by eerelations View Post
                      Huh? What are you trying to say here?
                      I am saying that sometimes the time commitments are varied and uncontrolled especially for various jobs that are substantially similar which is somewhat implicit and probably unnecessary it call out.

Originally posted by Betty3 View Post
                      I "think" poster is saying that employers can have "odd" working hrs. but I'm not positive - certainly not worded clearly.
                      Yes, that is correct, thanks Betty3!
                      law forum

Comment

If my job was crushing grapes from July to November without a day off, I would probably 'wine' about it.

Comment

Ouch, Jeff.
                          The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                          Working...
                          X