This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother working way to much in FL Florida

I am starting this thread for my mother who really has no time on the computer now a days. She has been working for a gas station company as a manager for around 2 years now and the said thing is she has only had around 7-9 days off since she has started. She is a salaried employee who works from 3:30am to 3pm everyday. They will not allow her the hour to hire an assistant manager to help her with this. Also the company has made no effort at all for someone to come and give her a day off. What my real question is are they allowed to do this in the state of Florida? Someone please help I would like to have my mother around for a while and if she keeps this up I have no idea how much longer, she looks exhausted and we never have anytime for each other.

Thank YOu

Originally posted by dmquigl View Post
    I am starting this thread for my mother who really has no time on the computer now a days. She has been working for a gas station company as a manager for around 2 years now and the said thing is she has only had around 7-9 days off since she has started. She is a salaried employee who works from 3:30am to 3pm everyday. They will not allow her the hour to hire an assistant manager to help her with this. Also the company has made no effort at all for someone to come and give her a day off. What my real question is are they allowed to do this in the state of Florida? Someone please help I would like to have my mother around for a while and if she keeps this up I have no idea how much longer, she looks exhausted and we never have anytime for each other.

Thank YOu
    (state Fl.)
    I'm sorry but there is no maximum # of hrs. that your mother can only be required to work per day/week.... & your mother's employer is not required to give vacation or other paid time off. (There are some exceptions to max. hrs. worked for certain occupations such as airline pilot, long haul trucker & a few states (not Fl.) require one day off in seven).

I know it's hard in today's economy but the only thing I can suggest is she possibly looks for other employment.

Once again I'm sorry - I know that the answer you got wasn't the one you wanted to hear.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X