X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Betty3
    replied
    I don't believe he had to be paid OT for the hrs. over 8 Mon. - Thurs. since he was working an alternative four 10 hr. days workweek and, therefore, exempt from the 8-hr. requirement. I assume it was decided on by the employees or contract - OP is that not correct?
    Last edited by Betty3; 01-28-2008, 08:47 PM. Reason: spelling

Leave a comment:

• JEB Pickett
    replied
    DAW is correct that the workweek resets after the 7th day.

The more important question for you is why are you not being paid OT for the 2 hours per day Mon-Thursday? Did you and your fellow employees vote on having a 4-10 workweek? Is there a collective bargaining agreement for a 4-10 workweek?

If not, you may be entitled to OT for any hours over 8 per day. California law requires OT for any time over 8 per day OR 40 per week.

Leave a comment:

• DAW
    replied
    No. CA daily overtime laws are a function of the workweek. Working 7 days in a row by itself is not necessarily OT unless all 7 days are in the same workweek. Even if all 7 days are in the same workweek, everything restarts for each workweek.

http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/FAQ_Overtime.htm

Leave a comment:

• coltrane
    started a topic 8 consecutive days California

8 consecutive days California

I hope someone can help with this i work a alt work schedule mon-thur 10hrs everthing outside of that is over time but what happens on the 8th consecutive day or more if i continue to work with out a day off the pay period is mon-sunday my question is this after the 7th day at overtime does that continue until i have day off
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X