Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Suspended twice for same incident Wisconsin

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Suspended twice for same incident Wisconsin

    My husband drives a school bus part time for a bus company, not the school. He had tapped a child on the head and the parents complained and he was suspended and then changed to a new route.

    3 weeks later the parents decided to file charges with the police department. 1 week later the bus company and the school asked that he be suspended indefinitely until the investigation was over.

    Can they suspend him 2 times for the same incident? Isn't it discrimination to be suspending him when he has not been charged with anything? The investigation by the police is over and the information has gone to the District Attorney. We haven't heard anything else since he talked to the police.

  • #2
    They can suspend him permanently, as in fired, if they want. It is not illegal discrimination to suspend or even fire him even though no charges have been filed. If the company determined that the action was inappropriate, that's their call.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.


    • #3
      To get to the meat of your question, there are no laws dictating how or when an employee can be disciplined, with rare exceptions that do not apply here. That being the case, yes, they can suspend him twice for the same incident.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.


      The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.